Why do you plan to join other gardeners for the herb growing experience? It is important that you know and understand your reasons for herb gardening, because if you don’t then you won’t become passionate towards your new hobby and you won’t turn out to be successful at it. Believe me – the excitement you’ll feel is amazing once you start planting your first herbs and harvest it. If you want to grow a herb garden to add more pizzazz and flavor to your home cooking, then you are in for a great experience.
The following are some reasons why many garden enthusiasts start growing herbs. These might also ignite your passion to become a herb gardener too.
1. Herb plants are best for medicinal purposes – This is one of the best reasons why many people plant herbs in the backyard. Not only can natural, organic herb gardening help relieve your stress; it can also fatten your wallet! Think about all the scrumptious medicines that would be available to you once you start gardening. Herbs can help cure simple pains as well as prevent some risky ailments such as cancer and other illnesses brought about by living an unhealthy lifestyle. Herbs are great for your health. Many boast of anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. How good is that? Growing herbs is a great way to ensure that your foods are nutrient rich and not chemically induced.
2. Herb plants are also best for culinary purposes -The best and most expensive recipes in Italy, China and other countries of the world are made up of culinary herbs. In fact, five star and seven star hotels use food preparations using the best culinary herbs available in their countries. So when you have herbs at home, you can make your family feel as if they are dining in a luxurious hotel or restaurant.
As soon as you learn how to garnish your food with herbs, you’ll discover how wonderful your food will taste compared to dishes without it. Zesty and fresh herbs are a must in any kitchen. Cooking with herbs is very much like icing on a cake – it makes any dish complete!
3. Herb plants are easy to find – Herb growing is easy because herbs are simple to find. Herbs are located all over the world and they can grow anywhere. You can even ask some seeds and plants from your neighbors.
4. Space is not a problem – Many people said they cannot plant herbs at home because they don’t have a space or are only living in a condo unit. Well, that reason cannot be accepted because space is never really a problem when you really want to plant your herbs. You can use even a very small space in the backyard, your windowsill or even in pots and containers. In Japan, many Japanese and immigrants are maximizing their roofs to plant herbs and other plants.
5. Herb kits are ready for beginners – Herbs kits can give you step-by-step instructions on how and what to do when herb growing. So all you have to do is follow instructions. There are a lot of herb kits available and they are not costly. All you need to do is to choose the best kit available.